- Romans 14:22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.
Faith is not to be Flaunted
- Romans 14:22a The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God.
- Romans 12:3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
- Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Faith Produces Peace
- Romans 14:22b Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves.
- James 1:25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
Faith and Doubt are Counterproductive
- Romans 14:23a But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith.
- James 1:5-8 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
- Romans 8:7-9 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
Sin is the absence of Faith
- Romans 14:23b For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.
- Hebrews 11:6a And without faith it is impossible to please him…
- Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
- Romans 4:20-21 No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, 21 fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.