Alive In You
by Jesus Culture featuring Kim Walker-Smith
It Is Well With My Soul
by Audrey Assad
We are Called to Be…
Week 1 – A People of Faith not Fear
Week 2 – Selfless not Selfish
Week 3 – On Mission in the Face of Adversity
This week we talk about…
We are Called to be in Community
18 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” Gen 2:18
- Corresponding – the context is naming all the animals so a helper that corresponds means others that look like him, think like him.
- When we think of this passage, we think of marriage
- Marriage is a way for us to have a glimpse of the kind of community we can experience with everyone
Community Creates Accountability
9 Then the LORD said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” He said, “I do not know; am I my brother’s keeper?” Gen 4:9
Community Facilitates Unity
Psalm 133 A SONG OF ASCENTS. OF DAVID.
1 Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil on the head, running down on the beard, on the beard of Aaron, running down on the collar of his robes! 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, which falls on the mountains of Zion! For there the LORD has commanded the blessing, life forevermore.
Community Encourages Concern for Others
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:1–4
- Just think of the impact we could have through demonstrating this kind of concern
- Be kind. Not Canadian kind, real kindness, genuine
- Hand out complements on social media (Our most recent podcast on navigating social media )
Things to do…
- Pray for your church, it unites our hearts to one another.
- Pray about how God can use you to serve during these times of Isolation.
- Pray for new ways for us to stay connected
- Make the effort to join everyone for the live stream events, don’t view them when it is convenient just because you can, participate in community when possible.